The Potato Chip Alternative Right in Your Garden!
A common staple in any summer garden is the refreshing cucumber. Common
preservation methods include quick process pickling and fermenting. Cucumbers are great candidates for dehydrating, as they absorb the flavor of spices well and dry easily. If you have had your share of cucumber pickles this season, try this quick and easy alternative to commercial chips!
- 1 and ½ large cucumber peeled and sliced thin (about 4 cups)
- ½ teaspoon of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dill weed
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of dry or fresh minced parsley
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- In a medium add cucumbers and olive oil; toss evenly.
- Add spices and toss until coated.
- Arrange slices on dehydrator trays single layer and without overlapping.
- Dehydrate on 135 degrees for 4 hours.
- Remove from tray and place in a sealed Ziploc bag or jar.
- Consume within 3 weeks for optimal freshness.
Printable Recipe: Cucumber Chips