EXTENSION MASTER FOOD VOLUNTEER PROGRAM- MECKLENBURG
Expanding the reach of local foods and food literacy education!
The N.C. Cooperative Extension Master Food Volunteer (EMFV) program provides citizens with an opportunity to extend the work of Cooperative Extension by providing unbiased, research-based information on food systems,
cooking and food safety to our community.
Extension Master Food Volunteers complete 30 hours of required core training. After completing training, volunteers commit 20 hours of service as a part of their local Extension Family and Consumer Sciences program. In addition to assisting the FCS Extension Agent, the program will provide citizens with the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge in:
- Community Engagement
- Local Foods
- Food Literacy
- and more!
Citizens completing the program will earn a certificate of completion, the title of Extension Master Food Volunteer, and be among the first participants in a statewide network of food volunteers!
Download EMFV Brochure
HOW TO APPLY
- EMVF requirements below and to the left.
- Complete the application here: go.ncsu.edu/emfvapp
- Check your email for a confirmation of receipt of application.
The FCS Extension Agent will contact qualified candidates for interviews.
- Completion of application and interview process.
- Approved background check
- Remittance of EMFV volunteer training fee of $50
- Completion of required 30-hr core training
- Commitment to complete 20 required service hours upon training completion
- Consent to abide by the Mecklenburg Cooperative Extension FCS Code of EthicsNCEMFV_One pager
Meet our 2017 Extension Master Food Volunteers!
We are excited to announce that our first cohort of Extension Master Food Volunteers has completed their training in Mecklenburg County. Volunteers will begin their service in May 2017. Visit the “Meet our New Extension Master Food Volunteers” to learn more.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Throughout the year, we have a variety of episodic volunteer opportunities available, including assisting with classes, helping with large events, research projects, and organization of office supplies and materials.
Family & Consumer Sciences Volunteer Application Process:
Prior to volunteering with Mecklenburg Cooperative Extension, all volunteers are required to complete the following:
- Complete online volunteer application: Printed Application, Code of Ethics for Signature
- Complete background check: Potential volunteers will receive instructions on how to complete background check. Background check is not required for virtual volunteer opportunities.
- Complete virtual interview and orientation with Family & Consumer Sciences Agent.