Mecklenburg County Friends of Agriculture
PURPOSE: The purpose of the Mecklenburg Friends of Agriculture program is to build a network of businesses, institutions and individuals that support the local food economy in Mecklenburg and surrounding counties.
The Mecklenburg Friends of Agriculture program seeks to:
- connect food businesses and entrepreneurs with local producers
- provide valuable information to enhance agribusiness in Mecklenburg County
- highlight trailblazing initiatives and businesses connected to the local food economy
Mecklenburg Friends of Agriculture host networking and information meetings every other month on the second Tuesday of the month. Our meetings consist of an informative presentation about a local innovative initiative in local agriculture, updates, announcements and most of all networking.
Friends of Agriculture Advisory Board:
- Kristin Davis, Family & Consumer Sciences/Local Foods Extension Agent, Chair
- Bob Grooms, Agribusiness Developer, NC Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services, Co-Chair
- Erin Brighton, Executive Director, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Food Policy Council
- Dhijana Scott-Harmony, Director, Harmony Gardens
- Justin Giardina, Owner, GrowCharlotte.com
- Gary Baucom, CEO, Baucom Nursery
- Nadine Ford, Sr. Environmental Specialist, Mecklenburg County, Land Use and Environmental Services