PowerSpeak: Speaker Training
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
PowerSpeak is a 3-part training program for professionals and volunteers to learn basic public speaking, presentation and storytelling skills to communicate their organization’s key message. Through a live and experiential training, volunteers learn about the following key concepts:
- Module 1: PowerUp– Participants learn the basic technology associated with PowerPoint creation and presentation. Volunteers receive an introduction to the basics skills needed to tell their organization’s story.
- Module 2: SpeakUp– Participants learn the fundamentals of providing quality presentations, ways to increase confidence as a public speaker and tools to managing difficult audience members.
- Module 3: Teach Back- Participants provide a presentation to demonstrating the skills learned in modules 1 & 2. Presentations are critiqued by a panel of their peers and professionals (with public speaking experience).
Join our next training…
Thursday, September 11, 2017
NC State University Cooperative Extension, Mecklenburg Center
The PowerSpeak curriculum was created by Kristin Davis, Extension Agent for Local Foods and Family & Consumer Sciences in Mecklenburg County. After working with Extension Master Gardener volunteers and other Extension volunteers, Kristin noticed a need for core training on public speaking. After providing training for volunteers within her own program area, she learned that the program could be easily adapted to train diverse groups of volunteers.
Since that time, Kristin has trained 3 cohorts of EMGs in two counties, in addition to other volunteer groups. As a result of the training, volunteers have reported:
- Feeling more confident as a public speaker
- Accepting more opportunities to provide presentations in the community as a volunteer
- Increased participation on volunteer subcommittees
- Increase use of Google applications and other technologies
- Less fear of technology and presentation set up
Interested in the PowerSpeak program?
The PowerSpeak program is available to internal volunteers within Extension, as well as community volunteer and professional groups. To inquire about trainings, contact Kristin Davis, Kristin_Davis@ncsu.edu.