2022 4-H Summer Residential Camp
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
5 Reasons YOU (Your Child)
Should ATTEND 4-H Camp!
Why should I send my child to 4-H Camp? What if they aren’t ready? What if they are homesick? What if, What if, What if? Instead, ask these questions. What if my child has the time of their life? What if my child gains self-confidence? What if my child has amazing experiences? What if my child learns to be their best self? Well these “what if’s” and more are exactly why you should consider sending your child to 4-H camp!
Let’s count down the top 5 reasons to attend 4-H camp!
5. No Electronics for a Week – As we know youth spend excessive amounts of time with their beloved electronic devices. At 4-H camp, your child will be participating in our outdoor programs sans the electronics! They will learn how much fun they can have outdoors and with others!
4. Teamwork Makes the Dream Work! – Your child will learn valuable lessons in teamwork during the week while living with and participating in activities with other youth from all over NC! Winning the cleanest cabin (or at least trying), making it through the team challenge course, learning how to work with others who aren’t like you are just a few ways your child will grow!
3. Storytelling 101 – Your child will have wonderful stories to tell – stories of triumph, stories of troubles, and always stories of accomplishment, laughter, and new friends!
2. Trying something NEW – From new songs, swimming, canoeing, rock wall climbing and so much more, your child will have a new experience at 4-H camp!
1. Independence/Self-Confidence – As a 4-H camper, youth will gain skills as they traverse through the 4-H camp week. During this week they gain that “Can Do” attitude that we want to instill in our young people by overcoming obstacles without the watchful eye of their parents.
Now that you have read our top 5 reasons to go to 4-H camp, check out the FAQ section to get signed up. Still have a few more questions? See contact information below!
When & where are you going to camp?
We will be attending Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H Center in Reidsville, NC
July 10-15th, 2022
What age? Ages 8 – 14: 8 – 12 Traditional Campers, 12-14 Adventure or Trekkers
How much is 4-H camp?
4-H Residential Camp costs $500 per child. A limited number of scholarships may be available and can be applied for using the following to the Mecklenburg County 4-H Camp Scholarship Application https://go.ncsu.edu/meck4hcampscholarshipapp.
Do I have to be a current Mecklenburg County 4-H member to go to 4-H camp? Nope! You just need to be between the ages of 8–14!
How do I sign up?
Step 1: Complete a 4HOnline profile. For a tutorial on completing the profile, please visit the following link: https://go.ncsu.edu/4hyouthenrollment. For additional guidance and a full resource site for 4HOnline, please visit this link.
Step 2: Complete the 2022 Camp Forms packet which can be downloaded below. Submit the forms via email to email@example.com, via fax 704-336-6876, or drop them off at our office located at 1418 Armory Drive Charlotte, NC 28204.
Step 3: If applicable, complete and submit the Camp Scholarship Application. A limited number of camp scholarships may be available to cover partial or full camp costs, pending the availability of funds. Camp scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis and are based on need. Visit https://go.ncsu.edu/meck4hcampscholarshipapp to view the application and requirements to qualify. Scholarship applications are due by March 18, 2022 at 5 p.m.! Final camp payments will be due, June 3, 2022 by NOON. *Note: Scholarship applications will only be reviewed if steps 1 & 2 have been completed. 4-H Staff will notify you if scholarship funds are awarded.
Step 4: Submit payment to the 4-H Office. Acceptable forms of payment include checks or payment through Eventbrite using the following link: https://go.ncsu.edu/MECK4HRESCAMP22. Checks should be made payable to Mecklenburg County 4-H. Please note: If using Eventbrite for payment, a processing fee will apply.
Step 5: Get Ready for 4-H Camp! To sign up for 4-H Camp or to learn more information about the opportunity, please contact Catherine Daniels, Mecklenburg County 4-H Program Assistant, at 704-336-2082 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Camp Orientation & Transportation (Departure/Pickup) dates are TBD & details will be shared closer to time for camp (April-May).
Scholarship recipients will also be notified in the coming months, contingent on if funds are received.
Parents are you still nervous? Check out the Parents Survival Guide article for tips on sending your child away to their first overnight camping experience!